Utah State University’s Office of Global Engagement
in partnership with Youthlinc
is proud to offer three scholarships for Summer 2019 Youthlinc programs!
One scholarship of $900 and two scholarships of $500 will be awarded to three current Utah State University students. Students who apply for the scholarships will be considered for both award amounts.
How to Apply:
1. Complete and submit an application for the Youthlinc program of your choice (Cambodia
, or Kenya
2. Complete and submit a scholarship application.
Students MUST complete and submit both applications (program AND scholarship) to be eligible for the scholarship.
When applying to a program and a scholarship at the same time, payment of the program application fee may be postponed until the student is notified about scholarship awards. Once scholarship awards are announced, students must pay the application fee to move forward with their program.
1. Complete the Youthlinc program and scholarship applications.
2. Be a current USU student.
3. Meet all requirements to be admitted to the program.
4. Recommendation(s) for the Youthlinc program must be received by the scholarship deadline and will be reviewed for the scholarship.
- Recommendation(s) must describe the student's academic, professional and/or personal qualifications and/or circumstances pertinent to participation in the program.
- Recommendation must be submitted by a professor or faculty member.
Submit a clear, thoughtfully prepared, and well-written essay of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
1.How will the scholarship help you to participate in this program?
2. How do you plan to get the most out of your experience abroad?
3. How will this program help you to achieve your personal, academic and professional goals?
Applicants must demonstrate the professionalism needed to gain benefit from their experience abroad, and they should be able to describe the expected outcomes of their program participation toward their future personal, academic and professional goals. Essays will be evaluated based on demonstration of financial need, clear articulation of expected outcomes, and demonstration of professionalism and academic preparedness.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following prioritized criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Clear articulation of expected outcomes
- Demonstrate professionalism and academic preparedness
Study Abroad, firstname.lastname@example.org