Utah State University’s Office of Global Engagement
is proud to offer multiple exchange program scholarships! Awards are available up to $1,000 for most exchange programs or $1,500 for selected partner exchange programs.
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit an application for the exchange program of your choice. Students applying for this scholarship can participate in a partner exchange OR ISEP exchange program.
- Complete and submit a scholarship application.
Students MUST complete and submit both applications (exchange program AND scholarship) to be eligible for the scholarship. (Students may apply for both the USU Office of Global Engagement Exchange Scholarship and the French Embassy-Generation Study Abroad Scholarship
, but only one scholarship will be awarded.)
Selected Partner Exchanges for Awards of up to $1,500:
American University of Armenia
Feng Chia University
National Central University
National Chung Hsing University
Universidad de La Rioja
Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne
- Complete the exchange program and scholarship applications.
- Be a current USU student.
- Meet all requirements to be admitted to the exchange program.
- Recommendations for the exchange program must be received by the scholarship deadline and will be reviewed for the scholarship.
- Recommendations must describe the student's academic, professional and/or personal qualifications and/or circumstances pertinent to participation in the program.
- At least one recommendation must be submitted by a professor or faculty member.
- Other recommendations may be accepted from an academic advisor, supervisor, or similar position.
Submit a clear, thoughtfully prepared, and well-written essay that answers the following questions (750-word maximum).
- How will the scholarship help you to participate in this program?
- How do you plan to get the most out of your experience abroad?
- How will this program help you to achieve your personal, academic and professional goals?
Applicants must demonstrate the professionalism needed to gain benefit from their experience abroad, and they should be able to describe the expected outcomes of their program participation toward their future personal, academic and professional goals. Essays will be evaluated based on demonstration of financial need, clear articulation of expected outcomes, and demonstration of professionalism and academic preparedness.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following prioritized criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Selected partner exchange
- Spring semester study
- Clear articulation of expected outcomes
- Demonstrate professionalism and academic preparedness
- October 1 for spring semester/calendar year and early decision fall semester/academic year.
- December 1 for early decision fall semester/academic year.
- February 1 for fall semester/academic year; dependent upon availability of funds.
Awards depend upon availability of funds at the time of application; early applications are encouraged for best chance of funding.
USU Study Abroad, firstname.lastname@example.org