The Office of Global Engagement
in conjunction with the French Embassy and Generation Study Abroad is proud to offer four scholarships of $2,500 each for students studying abroad in France during Spring 2019!
Students must participate in a USU-approved study abroad program in France (including internships, service-learning opportunities, and short-term programs); priority will be given to students applying to Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne
How to Apply:
1. Complete and submit an application for a USU-approved study abroad program in France for Spring 2019.
2. Complete and submit a scholarship application.
Students MUST complete and submit both applications (program AND scholarship) to be eligible for the scholarship. (Students may apply for both the USU Office of Global Engagement Exchange Scholarship
and the French Embassy-Generation Study Abroad Scholarship, but only one scholarship will be awarded.)
1. Scholarship recipients must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
2. Complete the program and scholarship applications.
3. Be a current USU student in an undergraduate degree program.
4. 18 years old at the time of departure to France.
5. Meet all requirements to be admitted to the program.
6. Recommendations for the program must be received by the scholarship deadline and will be reviewed for the scholarship.
Recommendations must describe the student's academic, professional and/or personal qualifications and/or circumstances pertinent to participation in the program.
- At least one recommendation must be submitted by a professor or faculty member.
- Other recommendations may be accepted from an academic advisor, supervisor, or similar position.
Submit a clear, thoughtfully prepared, and well-written essay that addresses the following (750-word maximum):
- How will the scholarship help you to participate in this program?
- Outline at least one (if not more) diversifying factor(s) that make you a candidate for this scholarship, including but not limited to: first generation students, underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, students with disabilities, underrepresented academic discipline, gender, students who have never traveled abroad, community college or transfer students, student athletes, military services, etc. Make a strong argument -- impress us!
- How will this program help you to achieve your personal, academic and professional goals?
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Preference will be given to applicants for the Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne.
- Other diversifying criteria – including but not limited to first generation students, underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, students with disabilities, underrepresented academic discipline, gender, students who have never traveled abroad, community college transfers, military services, etc.
- Preference will be given to semester study over short-term programs.
- Clear articulation of expected outcomes.
- Appropriateness of study abroad program for students’ academic & professional goals.
- Demonstrate professionalism and academic preparedness.
USU Study Abroad, firstname.lastname@example.org